Find Your Rhythm
Do you love music but feel awkward dancing in public? Are you one of those people who clap on 1 and 3? Do you even know what I’m talking about? Haha It’s kind of a musician joke. Rhythm when it comes to music is both technical and it’s also a feeling. Some people naturally feel it and some people just don’t hear it.
The great thing about rhythm as it relates to your life, is that, you can find it, no matter what your talent, abilities, education, or social status. Your rhythm is all about finding who you are and then living that to the fullest.
Have you ever felt (maybe you’re feeling it now) that you didn’t really fit in? That you feel like there has to be more to life than what you’re currently experiencing? That you have so much to be grateful for – so much abundance – but are still not satisfied? Do you have a general sense of discontent or unfulfillment?
I get it. I’ve been there. If we are a conscious being, we are constantly growing and learning. This can bring us to the awareness that we are NOT where we want to be. It can shed light on the things we are unhappy with and if we don’t have the right tools, we stay there. In the discontent. In the mediocrity. But we don’t have to. Here are some tips for getting out of the dark:
- Get moving. Literally get up and move. Take a walk. Exercise. Jump up and down. Get your body and your energy moving. Have you ever watched kids playing on a playground? Albeit there may be the occasional argument as they learn the lessons of life, they are happy. They are smiling. They are having fun. That’s because getting your body moving helps move negative energy out and bring positivity in.
- Meditate or pray. This doesn’t have to be mystical. This can simply be sitting with your thoughts and setting the intention for quiet or that your purpose be revealed. I meditate every single day. I’m not always the zen-like creature I would like to be, but it certainly helps because I have made it a habit.
- Dream Big! Remember when you were a kid and you imagined you could fly when your wore your cape? Or you played with dolls or action figures and made them talk? Allow yourself to go there now. Let your imagination run wild. Like when someone asks you what you would do if you won the lottery. Dream of all the things you would do if you had no limitations.
- Take inspired action. All those things that came to your mind that really light you on fire are not an accident. They are all possibilities. You just have to go out and get them. I know, it’s easier said than done, but when you believe you have limits, you do. When you don’t allow yourself to think in terms of ceilings or put yourself in a box, you can literally make what may have seemed impossible, your reality.
- Be grateful. We are all at different places in our journey. When you can look at where you are now and be grateful for all of it – even the messy parts – you will attract more to be grateful for.
My work as a coach is my purpose. I wake up every day, truly excited about helping guide others to live their ROCKSTAR life. I love seeing my clients have light bulb moments, change their relationships, make more money, and find joy in their daily lives. I record a meditation and send it out every Monday morning. If you want to get on the list, click here, and enter your email list to receive my Backstage Pass.
Now go out and FIND YOUR RHYTHM!
Michelle Froedge is a residential Realtor and Principal Broker in the Greater Nashville and Williamson County areas of Tennessee. “Mom” to four-legged fur baby, Tyler, Auntie to Zelamie, she is a vegetarian and sings in her spare time. Michelle has lived in Nashville and Franklin since 1997 and has been selling homes since 2004.